The African National Women's Organization's Cadre Development school is a 6-week virtual program aimed at training our members, recruits and any African women interested in learning about the role of African women in the ongoing African revolution.
As a strategy of the African revolution led by the African People's Socialist Party, ANWO addresses the special oppression faced by African women.
During this Spring/Summer Cadre School we will engage in study of revolutionary political theory and practically learn to take steps toward revolutionary activism.
This 6-week Cadre School begins on May 29 and is designed to support you in taking steps toward revolutionary activism.
Cadre School includes but is not limited to:
- 6 2-hour sessions with African women revolutionaries
- Rich course content – videos, audio files, readings, practices
School subjects include but is not limited to:
- Exploring African women's liberation through an African Internationalist perspective
- Capitalism vs Socialism
- Community organizing
- Practical real-world assignments
- Critical thinking and critical response organizing
Q When is the last day to register?
May 15, 2021
Q What am I committing to?
Throughout 6 weeks, you will engage in practical, political and theoretical study and interactive assignments.
Q Do I have to attend all sessions?
Yes. We carefully craft the syllabus and organize speakers for each school and would appreciate if our cadre-in-training show up, on time, for each class. We understand if there are extenuating circumstances and can address those as they come. Schools will be recorded and can be made available.
Q I am an ANWO member, do I have to pay?
Yes. Log in to take advantage of the discounted registration rate.
Q Do you offer scholarships?
We consider this on a case-by-case basis and will prioritize requests from African women who live in countries where the currency conversion rate make the USD diffult to afford. Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your options.
Q What time do we meet?
We meet at 8:00 am est on Saturdays for 2 hours. Please check this against your time zone
Q When will I receive the course Syllabus?
You'll get the Cadre School syllabus 1 week before class begins.
Q What happens at the end of the Cadre School?
- Non-members can decide if they'd like to become a member. Your registration fee will be used toward a year of membership.
- All cadre will receive certificate of completion
- Members will be acknowledged through our recognition and ranking system
- Cadre graduates will be assigned to practical work